>> UPDATE << (05/14/2011)
Here is the walking route for the Hampton Roads Virginia 2011 Spring Photowalk (courtesy of Google Maps):
Don't forget to bring sunscreen and water! See you soon!
>> UPDATE << (05/12/2011)
We have sponsorship, people! The fine folks at Richmond Camera have generously donated some great photography and print items that we will be giving away at the start and at the end of the photowalk.
Please be sure to show that you care about local businesses by visiting either of Richmond Camera’s two Hampton Roads retail stores: 21st Street in Norfolk and Battlefield Boulevard in Chesapeake.
Thank you, Richmond Camera!
John Cachero Photography is organizing the Hampton Roads Virginia 2011 Spring Photowalk for Sunday, May 15th at 1pm at the Norfolk Pagoda.
I'm very excited to be organizing my second of, hopefully, many HRVA Photowalks. My first photowalk, held in Olde Towne Portsmouth two years ago, was quite a success and I'm certain this one will be equally as fun. Almost everyone who attended I met there for the first time and I'm still in contact with nearly everyone. Anyway, enough yapping... here are the details:
- When?: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 1pm
- Where?: Norfolk Pagoda, 265 W. Tazewell Street, Norfolk, Virginia 23510
- What is it?:Photowalks are exactly what they sound like. We will be walking and taking photos. Ultimately, photowalks are a great way for photographers and photography enthusiasts of all skill levels to get together to socialize and to practice shooting while getting some fresh air and exercise. We will meet at the Norfolk Pagoda and then loosely follow a pre-determined route through downtown Norfolk ending up again at the Norfolk Pagoda. Afterward, anyone interested can join us at a restaurant/bar on Granby Street (to be decided) to continue socializing over food and drinks.
- Who can attend?: ANYONE and EVERYONE is invited to come along! Whether you're interested in photography or just want to socialize with the people you follow on Facebook and/or Twitter, you're more than welcome to attend and you're more than welcome to invite whomever you'd like.
- What kind of camera do I need?: Photographers of ALL skill levels will be in attendance, so whether you have a DSLR, a film SLR, a point and shoot, or just a camera phone, you'll be good to go.
- Where can we view the photos from the photowalk?: I will encourage everyone to share their favorite photos in the Hampton Roads Virginia Photowalks group on Flickr. If you don't have a Flickr account, it's free to sign up. If you do have a Flickr account, please add the tag HRVA110515 to your photos from this photowalk so they can be more easily found. -- Here's a photo on Flickr I took at our last photowalk. -- If you don't want to deal with Flickr, just be sure to let me know where you're sharing your photos. I will feature some of our best shots in a follow-up post.
That's it! All I ask is that if you're interested in attending, please post in the comments below your name, your Twitter account if you have one, how many other people you may drag along, and finally, how excited you are to attend. Also, you can RSVP on the Facebook Event Page for the Hampton Roads Virginia 2011 Spring Photowalk as well.
(Click to enlarge the graphic above. Special thanks to @jinime for designing it for us.)